What's new of 2007
- Nov 15, 2007 Access congested to JAXA's HP
- Due to look Earth rise movie observed by KAGUYA HDTV camera, there were the access congest to access to JAXA's HP.
if you find access congestion, please wait for minute and access again.
Thank you for your patience.
- Oct 31, 2007 Server Maintenance Checks
- 9:30 a.m. - 3:50 p.m. on November 8 (Thu) [JST], due to maintenance checks, the servers for the following site may be unstable.
- Sep 14, 2007 "KAGUYA" was launched !
- "KAGUYA" was launched at 10:31:01 a.m. on Sep. 14, 2007 (JST) from Tanegasima Space Center.
- Sep 7, 2007 Encapsulated "KAGUYA" moved to the VAB
- "KAGUYA" was mated with the PAF and encapsulated by a payload fairing. The encapsulated "KAGUYA" was safely transported to the VAB in the early morning of Sep. 3. read more...
- Aug 21, 2007 SELENE mission mark on H-IIA launch vehicle
- SELENE mission mark was attached to H-IIA launch vehicle to conduct the commercial utilization of H-IIA wall and to promote public outreach of SELENE mission.
- Aug 20, 2007 The apology regarding the inquiry mail distantly and request
- Recently we found that POC mail address "SEL_HP@jaxa.jp" was in trouble and we could not receive any your valuable messages until now. We just fix that problem and we are very pleased to have your any input for our SELENE HP.
- Aug 15, 2007 New Launch day of "KAGUYA"
- The launch of the Lunar Orbit Explorer "KAGUYA (SELENE)" by H-IIA Launch Vehicle No. 13 (H-IIA F13) was rescheduled for 10:35:47 a.m. on September 13 (THU), 2007 (JST).
- >Aug 10, 2007 KAGUYA promotional movie
- With computer graphics and images, the movie provides an easy-to-understand explanation of the "KAGUYA (SELENE)" mission aiming to clarify the mystery of the "origin and evolution of the Moon." (Sorry, Japanese only.)
KAGUYA promotional movie (Time: 19:42)
- Jul 20, 2007 Launch Postponement of the KAGUYA (SELENE)
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. and the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency would like to announce that we decided to postpone the launch of the Lunar Orbit Explorer "KAGUYA" (SELENE) by the H-IIA Launch Vehicle No. 13 (H-IIA F13.)
- Jul 19, 2007 Additional URL address for SELENE HP
- SELENE HP is also accessible with the following kaguya's URL (Kaguya is Japanese SELENE's nickname).
- Jul 5, 2007 From Tanegashima Space Center aiming at successful "KAGUYA" launch
- Those who come to Tanegashima space Science Museum in Tanegashima Space Center are folding a piece of paper into the figure of a crane birds praying for the "KAGUYA" successful launch. and more...
- Jun 18, 2007 SELENE ("KAGUYA") press opening to the public
- After finishing re-assemble of SELENE at Tanegashima, JAXA invited mass media to show the SELENE to press opening to the public on June 18th.
- Jun 13, 2007 Launch day is set! Special site is open!
- The launch day and time of the lunar explorer "KAGUYA" (SELENE) and the "H-IIA Launch Vehicle No. 13" is set at 9:30:48 a.m. on August 16, 2007 (JST). We have opened a Special Web Site for the launch.
- Jun 6, 2007 "KAGUYA" selected as SELENE's nickname!
- The nickname for the lunar explorer SELENE, which was solicited from the general public, has been selected as the "KAGUYA.".
- Jun 5, 2007 Attached "The Wish to the Moon" name-sheet on the SELENE (KAGUYA)
- "The Wish to the Moon" name-sheets with about 410,000 name and messages were delivered to TNSC on May and attached on June 5th.
- Jun 4, 2007 SELENE ("KAGUYA") @Tanegashima Space Center (TNSC)
- The re-assemble and test for SELENE is ongoing at TNSC.
- May 18, 2007 The WEB site opens renewedly.
- It carries out from Tsukuba Space Center.
- May 7, 2007 Opening the SELENE satellite use support facility for SELENE use
- The SELENE satellite use support facility in order to use SELENE was opened.
- Apr 21, 2007 Tsukuba special release
- At the time of the special releasing of Tsukuba, with SELENE project.
- Mar 30, 2007 The Kagoshima Space Center (Tanegashima) arrival
- Using the overland route and the sea route, safety, it arrived at the Tanegashima space center in nighttime of 30th Mar.
- Mar 26, 2007 It carries out from Tsukuba Space Center
- SELENE, obtaining the job at Tsukuba Space Center, being placed by large-sized trailer 5 containers in nighttime, was carried out in order to face to Tanegashima.